You can configure your Zapier integration by creating a Template that holds Encoding Instructions, and then using the Zapier web interface to have those Instructions executed on files coming from Dropbox, Gmail, Slack, and thousands of other places that Zapier supports.
For example, we wrote a detailed tutorial on how to automatically burn logos into videos as they are added to a Google Drive.
We have a list of ready to use Zaps that you can quickly get started with.
Creating your own Zaps
We put together two short step-by-step video walkthroughs on adding encoding capabilities to other services on Zapier.
1. Sending videos from Dropbox to Transloadit for iPad Optimization:
2. Sending videos back from Transloadit to Dropbox after iPad Optimization:
Under the hood, Assemblies are tagged with the originating Zap name. This makes it possible to create new Zaps with triggers on actions, such as: 'when the iPad conversion is ready -> message Slack'.
- Avoid Zap loops: in order to avoid Zap loops, be sure not to trigger Assembly actions in the same folder where your completed Templates files are received. In the case of Dropbox, use one folder for input, and a different one for output. For more information on this, see this Zapier help page.
- If you have issues with Dropbox and large files, check out: Missing Dropbox File field, in large files.
- Transloadit's encoding is non-blocking. If you want to pass a file from Dropbox to Transloadit, you can't use the results in consequential steps. Instead, you should create a second Zap as illustrated below.
See Zapier for the full documentation.
Related blog posts
- Transloadit Zapier Integration October 27, 2017
- Automate your automation: launching the Transloadit integration for Zapier March 15, 2018
- Automatically burn logos into videos as they’re added to Google Drive October 31, 2019
- Zapier Integration 2.0 December 6, 2019
- Automatically convert media added to a Google Sheet January 15, 2020
- Automatically generate music previews from Spotify November 16, 2021
- Zapier Multiple Fields November 16, 2021