- Services ›
File compression allows users to combine large amounts of original input files to create a single, often smaller file. File compression is an important tool for keeping data usage under control. Supporting a wide variety of compression algorithms and formats, Transloadit is able to both archive and extract entire media libraries. Combine this with our encoding and exporting capabilities, and you get a very powerful file processing pipeline.
At Transloadit, we call our features Robots because you can make them work together to create encoding pipelines unique to your use case.
/file/compresscreates archives of files or file conversion results
/file/decompressextracts entire archives of files to be consumed by other Robots or exported as individual files
See our features in action through live demos and code samples, right here on our website:
- Automatically extract all files from an archive
- Create a Zip file for each uploaded file
- Create a gzipped tar archive containing multiple result files
- Create a single Zip file containing all uploaded files
- Extract all images from an archive and resize them
We wrote the following posts about File Compressing on our blog: