At Transloadit we're passionate about growing a service, and making a huge dent with a small team. We're all engineers and in it for the love of the game. We're more interested in doing things right than cutting corners for quick pay-off.
Hence our code is not done until it's tested & refactored. Our support is not done until the customer is happy. This attitude has allowed us to build a reliable service that's fun to use and work on. It has allowed us to grow a loyal customer base without having done sales or marketing yet. In 2012 we became ramen profitable and since then we've quadrupled in size.
We have a job opening for a US-based support engineer to help us with communication, sysadmin, and support tasks. Since we're Berlin-based, you'll be our US representative. This means overseeing operations as Europe goes to bed, going to meetups, and brushing up the language of our docs, website, etc. In a way, you'll be the voice of Transloadit.
Things We Are Looking For
- Based in US, native English speaker
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Friendly / optimistic attitude
- Intrinsic motivation to make customers (also developers) happy
- Experience with Linux (Ubuntu) and command-line tools
- Experience with Git(Hub)
- Open source enthusiast
- Available for 10-20 hours a week
- Preferably on freelance/invoice basis, but we can negotiate a fixed hour/month arrangement that works well for you
Things That Would Be Nice
- Experience with CoffeeScript, Go, MySQL, Redis, (Cake)PHP, Amazon Web Services, FFmpeg, ImageMagick.
- Experience with AdWords
- Experience with Transloadit, or similar services
Things You Will Do
- Helping users with integration and answer questions on our private and public support forum
- Help customers debug issues
- Investigating FFmpeg issues on the command line
- Brushing up the language of our docs, website, etc.
- Write the tools to make all of this easier
- Develop/maintain satellite projects such as our SDKs, open source projects, and website
- Spread the love, going to meetups
- Be available for PagerDuty shifts
Things We Are Offering
- Friendly & informal atmosphere
- Working directly with the founders to figure out what Transloadit's next level is, and how we can take her there
- Work remotely (we use Skype, email, Slack, GitHub to communicate on a daily basis)
- Freedom to expand on tasks that you are (or want to become) good at
- Freedom to work on your own proposals
- Freedom to be flexible with your hours
- A chance to learn a great deal about Node.js, Go, encoding stacks, databases, operating systems, scaling 500 servers on EC2
- Good pay
- Trips! We're based in Amsterdam & Berlin and will meet a couple of times a year to have a few drinks, discuss the future, get to know each other better. We also sponsor & attend a lot of developer conferences.
We estimate this is not a full-time job, so you're free to combine it with current engagements. We're open to be proven wrong though 😄» Thanks for your interest, but this vacancy has been filled.
Share your Transloadit project to earn $300
We love seeing how our community uses Transloadit. Tweet @transloadit to get your proposal approved, share what you’ve built in the form of a blog post or a tutorial on your website, and earn a $300 Gift certificate of your choice as well as a full year of the Startup Plan, at no cost after you publish.
Follow us on Twitter:Follow @transloadit
We're SO STOKED to announce the Transloadit Community Plan! 🎉🎉🎉 Unlimited uploading, importing and exporting, 5GB of encoding/month, and access to 50 different file conversion features for all.— 🤖 Transloadit (@transloadit) July 2, 2020
Best part? It's free. Forever. 🤑 Find out more https://t.co/zXWLi3Xa0G pic.twitter.com/DlY5xz1mPG